Thursday, July 8, 2010

Marie 1

Our little Marie is 1. She is the light to our morning (sometimes a little to early). Marie was named after my hubby's grandmother. She was dedicated to the Lord wearing booties and a bonnet that was worn by Grandma Marie. So we thought the perfect 1 year old pics, would be her in a dress worn also by Grandma Marie. This dress is 90 years old and completely hand made. Marie fit it just perfect. We decided to take some pics on our front porch to make it feel homey.

The detail of the dress is beautiful and the lay of the stitching and buttons so antique.

The sleeves had the sweetest ruffle to them.


This is the Marie I see all day long. Her smile is always there.

This picture really brought out the antique look. One of my favorites for sure.


This puppy dog look is quite rare for her.


I love the true color one also, her red hair is reason enough.


Peak a boo!


This was just a sneak peak through the arm rest. It gave a great border.


Here again is the antique look. I wish I had a photo of Grandma Marie at this age...


This is my hubby's favorite one. I love the ruffled bottom, along with her toes! These pictures are truly a heritage for us of one of the greatest women we have both known. Our prayer for Marie is that her personality would be as calm and sweet as Grandma. Also to know Jesus as a Best Friend and Savior, Grandma sure does.









No comments:

Post a Comment